- Marinara: This is ofcourse, the most crucial ingredient which is the combination of tomatoes, onion and garlic cooked in virgin olive oil.
- Vegetariana: This includes tomato, cheese, peppers, zucchini and eggplant .
- Pizza Quattro stagioni: This is an extraordinary form of pizza that has four different sections on one pizza with each section catering to vegetables that grow in a particular season. It is literally translated from the words, “Four seasons”. It includes a large variety of vegetables such as artichokes, ham, mushrooms and olives which is usually topped with basil leaves.
- Boscaiola sauce: A unique sauce that is made with a combination of mushrooms and bacon.
- Capricciosa: This is a pizza that is usually garnished with olives, artichokes, tomato and ham.
“Important pointers in the making of pizza”
- Make sure that the dough is made right
It is important to use warm water for the yeast to ferment. Always try to purchase yeast from a bakery instead of buying them off store shelves because they are not always of the finest quality. There is single layer pizza and double pizza deals for that extra cheesy effect!
- Knead the dough right
The dough should be made warm by using the hand. Kneading for a good 10 minutes by continuously stretching it out and folding it on a table top will cause the dough to become soft and fluffy. It is also essential to wait atleast for an hour before the dough rises to a considerable degree
- Pizza sauce
The pizza sauce is best prepared with fresh organic tomatoes, preferably red and ripe. Onion and garlic is cooked in olive oil for a bit before tossing in the tomatoes.
- Do not over-do the toppings
This is a common mistake made by many amateur cooks but can be easily avoided for a more authentic experience of pizza. The crust of a pizza is usually thin and delicate so it must not be burdened by the quantity of toppings. Try to keep it simple. Quality over quantity so it’s best to stick to traditional ingredients like bell peppers, basil leaves, eggplant and cheese to retain the original flavour.
- The temperature and time of cooking
Ensure that the pizza is not over-cooked. This can cause the cheese to brown and become hard, causing a rubbery texture as opposed to the gooey and elongated string like texture of cheese when cooked moderately. Keep in mind that the cheese has to be kept outside until brought to room temperature. When you’ve followed through with this step, cheese only takes about 15 minutes to cook in approximately 160 degrees of heat.