Popcorn balls are considered to be a favorite snack to everyone. The flavors available in the Popcorn balls will not only fill your watery mouth but will also let you search for the method.
If you are looking forward for the method how to make popcorn balls, then there is nothing to worry about it. Here we will explain the procedures which you can follow to prepare the Popcorn balls easily. This recipe can also be made using popcorn machine
Traditional popcorn balls:
If you are looking forward to prepare traditional popcorn balls, then it is a must for you to understand the total time required is 20 minutes.
- Popped popcorns – 7 quarts
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Light corn syrup- 1 cup
- Water- 1/4 cup
- Salt- 1/4 teaspoon
- Butter- 3 tbsp.
- Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
- Food coloring- optional
- Take a large baking Pan and place popcorns in it. Now place it inside the oven with a 200-degree temperature.
- After placing them inside oven, now take a saucepan and put all the ingredients sugar, water, and salt. Now place over medium heat and notice that the thermometer will read the 235-degree temperature.
- When the 235-degree temperature reached, remove it. Now add butter and Vanilla over it. If you wish, add food coloring.
- Now stir it constantly and make sure the butter is melted properly. When the same has been done immediately, pour the popcorns in it.
- After pouring the Popcorn, stir and see that Popcorns has been immersed well in it.
- When the mixture has been cooled it is easy to handle, then you can quickly take it and make the balls.
- Make sure to dip your hands in cold water. This will prevent stickiness in your hands.
Vintage popcorn balls:
If you are not in the mood to try traditional popcorn balls; then go for vintage popcorn balls. If you want to know how to make popcorn balls in a vintage form, there is nothing for you to worry about it. The procedure you are supposed to prepare vintage popcorn ball is as follows. The preparation time required is 5 minutes, and cooking time is 1 hour.
- Popcorn kernels-1/2 cups
- Oil- 4 tbsp. Make sure to choose grapeseed or peanut like ones.
- Sugar- 2 cups
- Water- 1 1/2 cup
- Corn syrup- 1/2 cup. If you wish take molasses as well.
- Vinegar- 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla- 1 tablespoon
- Salt- 1/3 tsp.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Make sure you are putting enough oil so that it will cover the bottom of the Pan completely and also adjust the amount as per the popcorns you have taken.
- After oil gets heated, check by putting some kernels into it. This will help to figure out whether it is properly hot or not. When it starts to pop, you have an idea that the oil is ready to use. Now put all the popcorns in the same.
- After placing the popcorns now remove it from the heat for around 20 seconds. Within 20 seconds, the kernel will retain the same temperature. When duration passed, you are supposed to place the pot over the heat again and cover it.
- After a few seconds, you’ll notice some popping sound, and also, take every particular precaution required.
- When you can see the Popping has been done now, remove the pores from the heat and transfer them into a large bowl. After transferring them to the large bowl, wait for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Now take another saucepan and make sure it has a heavy base. Pour the sugar, water, and molasses or corn syrup and stir it occasionally.
- When temperature of the syrup reaches to 260 degrees, make sure you are being a bit confused while dealing with it.
- Now after noticing the temperatures add vinegar, salt, and Vanilla to it. Add them constantly.
- Now put the syrup you have prepared over the Popcorn and mix it with The Spatula. Make sure you are mixing it evenly over the popcorn.
- Wait for few minutes and let it cool so that it’ll be easy to handle. When it gets cooled, prepare the balls. Make sure when you are going to prepare the balls, keep the cooking spray in your hands so that it’ll not create any rashes on your hands.
- Now place a parchment paper on a tray and after preparing the balls place them over it.
These are considered to be the best ways of how to make popcorn balls. If you wish to make some customization, add some toppings to it and it is a suggestion to do it on your own risk. Also, it is a must for you to understand the quantity because if the quantity is inappropriate, then the Popcorn will not bind together, and also it’ll be scattered all around.
This is your choice, which sugar you want to consider. Now in the market, different kinds of Sugars are available, and as per your taste, you can choose. If you like to add some sweetener to the popcorn balls, you can increase the quantity of sugar in it.